WELLSPRING: a formation process for youth ministry leaders
Are you serving as a youth minister in the Archdiocese of St. Louis? Would you benefit from collaborating with a cohort of fellow youth ministers, one on one mentorship and ongoing formation? The Wellspring formation process could be what you are looking for!
Launched in September of 2021, Wellspring offers three tiers of workshops for youth leaders to grow in the human, spiritual, pastoral and intellectual pillars of formation. Content for the formation will come from both the Catechetical Institute at Franciscan University and local voices from the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Cost, application, and more info below.
What are the Current Needs for Youth Ministry?
- Consistent formation and training for adults in youth ministry
- Decrease turnover, burnout, and isolation in youth ministers
- Address the lack of affordable, wide-ranging, customized support for ministry leaders
- Build a greater pool of qualified applicants for parishes to hire from
- Increase the percentage of parishes that offer some type of youth ministry outreach
- Of 178 parishes, currently 54% of STL parishes have youth ministry outreach (2020)
How will Wellspring Meet These Needs?
- Formalize the approach to formation and training for adults in youth ministry
- Build a culture of professional development and ongoing training
- Provide localized formation which addresses the needs of youth ministers in St. Louis
- Build greater community amongst youth minister cohorts
- Increase support for parishes and pastors
- Seek sustainability in ministry
- Increase retention and sustainability of bother youth leaders and ministry programs